Sunday 13 November 2011

Show me the money. Twice.



I was at an all-agency meeting last week for a very large client I dare not name, craven coward that I am.

A planner and suit from the pretty famous, highly creative above-the-line agency were there, talking about the research feedback to their new big budget TV and press campaign.

I’m paraphrasing, but basically it went along the lines of:

“Yeah, so people aren’t loving the work, and they’re not really getting it either. We also think it’s targeted at the wrong audience. And there’s almost no integration between the TV and print. But we reckon by doing it all over again, for lots more cash, we sort some of that out.”

On one level, you have to admire their honesty. But on another level, you’re sat there gobsmacked. Because they’re describing the work’s failings as if someone else did it.

But no – THEY did it! Just a few months ago! For a shedload of cash!

It’s a brilliant way to double your fees I suppose. Do the job badly the first time and then bill the client all over again to put it right.

Where do I sign up for some of that action?







No comments:

Post a Comment